The Commonweath Legal Education Association's biennial conference for 2011 will be in Bangalore, India running from 29-30th January 2011. Their theme is "More Meaningful Legal Education in the 21st Century - Stepping out of the Ivory Tower".
Conference Topics may include:
• Consolidating National Legal Education Beyond the Profession
• Expanding Legal education in accordance with the demands of the global village.
• Internationalization of Legal Education and Research Activities
• In-sourcing the Technology-rich Knowledge Economy into Advanced Legal Education for
Maintaining High Standards
• Regulatory Models in Legal Education : Issues and Concerns
• Promoting Partnerships of Law Educators and Professionals
• The Role of Institutions Imparting Legal Education in Enhancing Professionalism and
Standards for the Value-based Conduct of Lawyers
• Teaching Legal literacy in the Commonwealth: The Role of Universities and Law Schools
• The Role of Commonwealth Universities and Law Schools in preparing Law students for
Organised in association with the National Law School of India University, the submission of abstracts for the conference is open and has been extended until 10th December 2010.
The 17th Commonwealth Law Conference is also taking place in Hyderabad, India from 5-9th February 2011 which will also host the 12th Commonwealth Moot, the international student competition.
The Conference will be addressed by the Chief Justices & Judges of Commonwealth jurisdictions, including Canada, Caribbean, UK, Africa, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia & New Zealand.
The theme of the conference is ‘Emerging Economies and the Rule of Law: Challenges & opportunities’. The subjects discussed during the Conference amongst others will be Human Rights & Rule of Law; Corporate & Commercial Law; Federalism; Free & Fair Elections; Judicial Independence & Accountability.